Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 April 2011

Eyes, Eyes, Eyes....

So many of you girls ask me about my Eyeshadow and Eyeshadow Techniques....

I always do my own makeup for filming, and events....

For the look i generally always have on TOWIE which is like this..... (not the best pics)



Here is the best way i can explain for you....

Here is what I use (many cheaper alternatives available in boots etc)
- MAC 224 Brush
- MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush
- MAC 217 Blending Brush
- MAC 219 Pencil Brush

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner and Brush
Eyeliner Angle Brush

3 eyeshadows... Base, Medium colour and a darker shading colour


I put the base all over with the 224 fluffy brush, then i apply a medium shade of whatever colour scheme im using on my eyes- using the 217 brush....on the lid and blending into socket

Then taking my darkest shade i will use the 239 to add even smokier on the very outer corners of the eyes and the 219 to continue the blending along the underneath....

On the inside of my eye i use a Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner and it doesnt move at all, also my top lid i line it very close to the lashes the bobbi brown Gel, then put my lashes on top...


Its so hard to describe on a blog, maybe ill do a youtube tutorial soon.... but the best colours i use and highly recommend and wear often on the show are these...

All MAC (about £7 each)....

Antiqued (amazing on blue eyes as its a very warm copper brown)

MAC - Phloofi (amazing for highlighting browbones -just under brows)

MAC - Twinks .. really nice darker brown for outer corners and under eyes
If you go into any Mac, Bobbi Brown Chanel theyll help you pick a lovely selection of lights, darks etc so you can create a nice smokey eye..... p.s im not working or promoting MAC for any other reason than that  i just love thier products!



On a smaller budget.,.... this is amazing for creating a smokey eye look and i have it to take on nights out to touch up my makeup UNDER £7

i would always recommend applying eyeshadow with brushes though, not the sponges as you can blend a lot better and easier with brushes


Another thing i LOVE are the mac pigments (theyre are basically pure concentrated eyeshadow and go on so rich in colour).... they look like this.. they are priced at about £12 or maybe £14 (i cant find the price online)







A good cheaper alternative to these is the Barry M Dazzle Dust...... they are A...MAZING!!!!!!

Theyre Priced at £4.59 on the Website http://www.barrym.com/dazzle-dust 






Ok so my brain is now fried im not used to using it this much ahhaa, so will post some more when i think of what to put! xxxx

10 comments:

  1. Your eye makeup is always so pretty - I have blue eyes as well so I think I might pick up that Antiqued eyeshadow, I love MAC too but I don't have that one yet. Not sure if you've answered this before, but what lashes do you use? They always look glam but not too heavy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!

    How about some articles on make up removal and skincare?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really looking forward to seeing a youtube tutorial of how you do your make up! :)
    What eyelashes do you wear? I LOVE them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have blue eyes too! Will pick up that Antiqued at some point when I've used up all my others!

    I'm a new follower & love your blog!
    Jade By The Sea

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your eye make-up is always totally gorge! Would love to see a youtube tutorial.

    Amy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have just spent the afternoon on MAC ordering the above shades as well as a few other bits would love to see a closer pic of your eyes to aid me trying to copy....Youtube vid would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love smokey eyes i don't really have any other eye looks lol i must get some barr m dazzle dust tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two barry m dazzle dusts, there so good and pigmented! Love your blog maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the post Maria. We hope to see you on one of our towie tours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Virgin hair extensions are made with human hair that is chemically unprocessed and collected from a single donor. These high-quality extensions have never been altered by perms, dyes, bleaches, or harsh washes. That is why hair extensions made of pure virgin hair are considered some of the highest quality extensions on the market today.

    ReplyDelete